Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getting Knitty With It


I have recently taken up knitting and find it a soothing hobby. I can knit when I am watching T.V., listening to music, and, best of all, I can knit when I am with the girls. (Boys are welcome too of course!) My girlfriend introduced me to knitting and, bless her heart, had the patience to teach me. I get easily frustrated, but she encouraged me to be patient with myself. It has been a rather therapuetic experience; both learning to knit and, now, knitting for fun. I want to share it with you and guide you to some resources that may be helpful should you find that you are interested in taking up the craft.

At the bottom of my blog I have listed some of my favorite links, including the KnittingHelp.com web site. This is a great resource for people who want to learn how to knit or are continuing to learn. (http://www.knittinghelp.com) KnittingHelp.com provides video tutorials, patterns, a discussion forum, and glossary of knitting terms. It is very user friendly and easy to navigate. Another great web site for knitters is Ravelry. (http://www.ravelry.com) Ravelry is a knit and crochet community where you can share ideas and techniques and find free patterns for a variety of projects. There is even a blog! The third resource I would like to recommend is a knitter's handbook I found called "Stitch'N'Bitch". It provides stitch by stitch instructions, pictures, and patterns with a very humorous and entertaining approach. In addition to the book, there is a "Stitch'N'Bitch" web site. (http://www.knithappens.com) All three of these resources are perfect for anyone interested in learning to knit and I highly recommend a visit to all three sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment