Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Yuki


This is my shiba inu/miniature husky mix Yuki. My boyfriend and I got her in May 2008and even though the first few weeks were challenging, she has been the best thing to happen to us. She brings us so much joy and laughter each and every day. She is very cuddly and affectionate-especially when one of us is sad or has had a bad day. She is incredibly friendly, loves to meet new people and make new doggy friends. I take her to the dog park several days a week or set up doggy play dates with my friends' dogs. Most of my friends have a dog or two of their own. Seattle culture is very dog friendly (in addition to coffee obsessed) so there are plenty of opportunities to go out with your dog and I make the most of them. For example, in two weeks we are attending a festival in the city of Kirkland, WA. (http://kirklanduncorked.com/) In addition to wine tastings and street performances, they are hosting a City Dog Magazine Cover Model contest and I am entering Yuki. (I mean, look at her...she screams "model".) It's a fundraiser and that makes it the most important and most fun. Plus, it's another opportunity to get out with Yuki = )

No comments:

Post a Comment