Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Greetings from Seattle


Hi all.

My name is Mischell and I live in "sunny" Seattle. It has actually been pretty warm here recently. No rain = ) This is my third class at Boston University. I am pursuing a Master of Science in Project Management degree and hope to visit Boston for graduation. I have always wanted to go. I am currently unemployed (tough times) but am enjoying school and time at home with my shiba inu/miniature husky mix. Her name is Yuki and she is the love of my life. Well, her and my boyfriend...ha. I have enjoyed my BU experience thus far and look forward to the challenges of this course. I am not computer savvy so this will definitely be a challenge, but one well worth tackling. Although I am a frequent user of Facebook, this blogging thing is unfamiliar to me.

I am a 2003 graduate of the University of Washington and received a sociology degree. I had planned on going to law school, but quickly realized it was not the route for me. I worked for several years at Smith Barney and worked my way up the corporate ladder. I realized I wasn't interested in the finance industry so I took two years to pursue other opportunities-dance related. I was an NFL Cheerleader for two seasons with the Seattle Seahawks and went to Super Bowl with the team in 2006. It was a surreal experience and one I will always appreciate. Both of these experiences, however, didn't lead me in the direction of finding my career path. So...here I am = ) Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Hello from the other coast! I have never seen the movie Memoirs of a Geisha, but loved the book. I also really enjoyed The Lovely Bones. Have you read Shadow Baby? I just finished that, and was touched. I like the color scheme, and as always I love seeing photos. The weather link is fun. In general I seem to have a harder time reading white or gray text on darker colors, but I'm wondering if that's an age thing. Love what you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Shadow Baby. What's it about? Wait, wait...I will look it up on the internet...ha. I highly suggest the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha", especially since you have read the book. It's a beauitful movie; beautiful scenery, wonderful costumes, fantastic music.

    Does the new color scheme make it easier to read? Thanks for your feedback. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mischell - nice to see another Starbucks lover in the class. (I'll sooner or later probably blog on the subject. (c: ). My only comment is that I think the weather thing is neat, only when I look at your blog it shows the weather in New York, which isn't where either you or I live, which seems weird. Is there some setting that would keep it with Seattle weather?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to figure that out, but no luck so far. My boyfriend took a look too. Hopefully soon enough = ) Now...off to get some Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete